The six steps that won’t get your comment removed from Univision News.
We appreciate your contribution and we really encourage all our readers to comment and speak up on the matters that they care about. However, we have a list of no-nos that will cause your comments to be removed.
We also invite you, our community, to help us limit those undesired comments by flagging them and reporting them to us.
1) No hate speech will be tolerated: No racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate speech.
2) Be mindful of the language you use: We encourage you to respect other people’s opinions, beliefs, and emotions. We all have them!
3) Zero tolerance for spam: All content that is spam or advertising will be removed. Do not insist. Same thing applies for trolls - we don’t like you.
4) Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. We know your puppy is cute, but if he has nothing to do with the story, we will delete your comment.
5) We like criticism, as long as it’s constructive: Do not attack our writers, the topics we cover, or the people we interview. Let’s keep things classy.
6) Don’t get us in trouble: We will remove potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted that is in potential breach of copyright. We prefer a newsroom to a courtroom any day.
These rules apply not only to our website but also to our Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and any other new social media platform we might be using in the future.